To commemorate memorable dates in its history, the Church of Scientology observes holidays in all parts of the world through the course of the year. The most significant are celebrated with internationally telecast events to link all Scientology churches.Here are some highlights:
- February 8 - National Founding Day United States, to celebrate the founding of the first church in the US, the Church of Scientology Los Angeles in 1954
- March 13 - The birthday of the Founder of Dianetics and Scientology, March 13, 1911, is commemorated each year with a major celebration honoring L. Ron Hubbard’s achievements and his continuing contributions to mankind. Outstanding churches and missions are recognized for service to their parishioners and communities during the previous year. (IS THIS LIKE CHRISTMAS??!!!??)
- May 9 - Anniversary of Dianetics: The annual international celebration on this day salutes the publication of Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health on May 9, 1950. It is the occasion when Scientologists and community leaders from around the world acknowledge the contributions Dianetics has made to the betterment of individuals and society at large and the daily miracles that occur through its widespread application.
- June 6 - On this date in 1988, the Sea Org Motor Vessel Freewinds began her maiden voyage, during which New OT VIII was released publicly. In memory of that day, OT VIII completions convene aboard the Freewinds for a week of special briefings and acknowledgments to new OT VIII completions for their work in disseminating and expanding Scientology. (WHAT?????)
- Second Sunday in September - Auditors' Day - On this day auditors are acknowledged for their dedication in bringing man up the Bridge to Total Freedom. Top auditors from around the world are recognized for their efforts in helping their fellow man.